Last updated 04.02.2021
Fitness Collection takes your privacy very seriously. We’re committed to protecting the privacy of any personal data you give us and we will comply with all relevant data protection legislation.
For the purposes of data protection laws, Fitness Collection Ltd is a “data controller” of personal data that is collected, used and/or otherwise processed in conjunction with the use of the Website. That means, among other things, that we control how the personal data relating to you that we hold is used, and we have certain obligations under data protection laws in doing so. Our address is Fitness Collection Ltd, Flat 11 Hawthorn Court West Hall Road, Richmond, TW9 4EJ and you can contact the responsible person on email@example.com
We are pleased to give you access to the Website and, in return, we may collect, use and share your personal data. We will only use your personal data for our purposes in a manner permitted by relevant data protection legislation, which may include:
- for our legitimate interests (for example to provide the Website and its features and in order to give you the best user experience);
- where you have explicitly consented (for example, by actively signing up to receive the fitness-collection.co.uk newsletter); or
- where we are under a legal obligation to do so (for example in order to comply with UK or EU law).
By “legitimate interests”, we mean our interests in managing the Website and our relationship with you. We will make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you. Our legitimate interests will not automatically override your interests and we won’t use your information if we feel that your interests override ours (unless, of course, you provide your consent or we have a contractual or legal obligation to use your information in that way). If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us using the details set out in the “Contact us” section below.
Fitness Collection Ltd will never gather or share payment information on any of its digital platforms, and including payment information used to purchase services/products on fitness-collection.co.uk
Information held for newsletter and email communication to you:
If you want to sign up to receive our newsletter we will collect personal data from you as is necessary for the newsletter service, namely your email address, city, name and what you are interested in hearing more about. We aim to send our newsletter on a weekly basis.
Following your initial email , you will be contacted to re-subscribe to the newsletter with Fitness Collection as the Data Controller; if you do not re-subscribe you will cease to receive the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long your information is kept:
There are certain reasons that we have to keep hold of some of your information (including personal data). We will only keep your information for as long as we need it. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information we are holding and the purpose for which we need it (as well as complying with our legal obligations). For example if you have registered to receive the newsletter, we will keep your information while you are a subscriber to the newsletter so that we are able to provide that service to you, and then delete it after you have unsubscribed.
You can request that we delete your personal data at any time.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
- We may share your information only if:
- we are required to do so to comply with a contractual obligation or legal requirement or with the directions of the courts or other authorities;
- we feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests;
- we feel that other Fitness Collection entities’ products and services may interest you; or
- it helps our trusted third party service providers to provide and improve our service to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences. If you subscribe for our newsletter, we will also share your information with our newsletter supplier, Mailchimp who securely host emails and act as a supplier to distribute our newsletter. We contractually require these service providers to keep your personal data safe and secure. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal data for the purposes we specify.
We will never rent or sell our users’ details to any other organisation or individual.
How we ensure our site is secure:
We follow strict security procedures to manage how your personal data is stored and used, and who sees it, and to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. All personal data you register with the Website will be located behind a firewall. We take security extremely seriously but as no system is 100% secure, we can’t completely guarantee the protection of your personal data, any more than any other organisation can. Therefore we can’t accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the personal data which you’ve registered on the Website if there is a security breach.
How we handle you personal data:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we have about you and to request supporting information explaining how the personal data is used. Please note that sometimes we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal data – so we can prevent unauthorised access.
- Right of correction – you have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal data about you that we have.
- Right of deletion – you have the right to request that we erase all personal data about you that we have (please note that we may be able to reject or restrict the request in some circumstances, depending on the information we hold and our lawful reason to keep it).
- Right to restrict handling – in some situations, you have the right to request that we do not use the personal data you have provided (e.g. if you believe it to be inaccurate).
- Right to object, including to direct marketing – you have the right to object to certain processing by us of your personal data (unless we have overriding compelling grounds to continue processing) and the right to object to direct marketing by us.
- Right to data manageability – you may have the right to request that we provide you with certain information that you have provided to us in electronic format or to provide that information to a third party.
Please get in touch with us at the email address below if you would like to exercise any of these rights (including having access to your data):
Alternatively, you can contact our data protection officer at email@example.com
Copy Right Statement
Fitness Collection respects the intellectual property rights of others and aims to provide content that does not violates those rights. Therefore, you are able to raise any complaints by submitting an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints will be acknowledged within 7 working days.
Fitness Collection Ltd is a registered Trade Mark- Trade Mark No: UK00003495294. All content on the fitness-collection.co.uk website or branded material and products are Copy Right protected and owned by Fitness Collection Ltd.
Fitness Collection Ltd as the owner of the Copy Right and Trade Mark of all content on fitness-collection.co.uk or baring the Fitness Collection logo may raise legal action of any misuse or unauthorised sharing and or redistribution of its content.